To ensure that our customers are maximising the amount of solar energy they generate during sunlight hours we not only ensure that we fit the right solar solution for your home, but make sure you’re effectively using your home appliances so you can maximise the amount of free solar energy your home is using during the day.
The right solar solution
The right solar solution depends on several variables including how you use your home during the day and here at iGenerate we have developed several different solar packages for our customers, with solar PV panels ranging in size from 1.5kW to 5kW (the output of energy they produce).
For more information on our solar packages visit our Solar For Your Home page.
Things to consider
When assessing what size of solar PV panels and type of inverter you will require, we take into consideration how you use your home or business. Some of the questions we ask our customers are:
- Is there someone at home during the day? Perhaps one of the family works from home, you have young children at home, or you’re retired.
- You have appliances requiring large amounts of energy running during the day such as a pool, spa, or a heat pump/air-conditioner for long periods.
- Whether you only have the minimum number of appliances running during the day, such as your fridge.
- Whether you can run other appliances during the day such as your dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
- Do your appliances have the ability to have timers set so they are only on during the day when your solar panels are at work, such as heated towel rails and dishwashers.
- The type, size and direction of your roof.
- Whether the area of your roof where the panels will sit is fully in the sun, or partly shaded.
- How much you are currently spending on power each month.
You’d be surprised by the amount of energy some of our everyday household appliances use! A few changes in how and when we use some of these appliances can make a big difference to maximising solar. Simple tips like making sure you run as many of your appliances as possible during 10am and 4pm will ensure that you’re getting the most out of your free solar energy.
It is ideal if you can put appliances on timers (like dishwashers and heated towel rails) so they’re on when your home is producing solar energy. Our iGenerate team are experts in all things solar, so would be more than happy to spend some time with you to make sure that you’re making your new solar panels work hard for you.
If you’re ready to start your solar journey, take a look at our Solar For Your Home page as you can do a quick assessment on how your household currently uses energy. Then give us a call on 0800 745 400 and one of our solar experts will work with you to understand your solar requirements and will provide you with our customised recommendation on what solar package is right for you.