Add solar to your rates bill through Marlborough District Council funding service. No upfront payments, pay for your solar through the power savings. From $20 per week.
iGenerate is A Marlborough District Council Solar Power Service Provider. This means if you paying rates in Marlborough you can install solar on your roof and pay for system through your rates bill over nine years. Essentially pay off your system using the savings it creates*
All of our micro and string systems qualify for this scheme including our basic iGenerate battery package.
*Terms and conditions apply and savings vary depending on your roof and electrical usage. To find out more please call 0800 745 400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The term is 9 years and the interest rate is 5.5%.
How much will I repay? Over nine years you will pay the GST exclusive amount that Marlborough District Council pays to the supplier, as well as interest, an administration charge (currently $140) together with GST on all these costs. The current interest rate will be 5.5% from 1 July 2018. It is reviewed annually and subject to change.
How do I make repayments? The Marlborough District Council will charge a “targeted rate” on your regular rates bill over nine years. The targeted rate amount will appear on your rates bill in early August each year.
How can I estimate my repayments?
The following table can help you to estimate your repayments*
Marlborough District Council funding service amount, inclusive of associated costs (GST exclusive)
iGenerate Lite Approx Cost per week $25
iGenerate Sustain Approx Cost per week $33
iGenerate Power Approx Cost per week $38
How do I apply?
• iGenerate will explain the funding options available to you and will also help you complete the Marlborough District Council application form.
How do I qualify?
To be eligible for this service you must:
• Be a ratepayer; and
• Be up to date with your rate payments;
The process is as follows:
• If you choose to apply to Marlborough District Council for assistance with this energy efficiency service, send us your completed Application and Agreement form along with your Service Provider’s quote. (Your Service Provider will supply you with this.)
• If you meet all the eligibility criteria we will approve your application within five working days of receipt and send you confirmation.
• We will also notify your selected Service Provider of this confirmation.
• When your installation is completed the Service Provider will invoice the Marlborough District Council for the approved cost of the Solar Power Solution.
• The Marlborough District Council will pay the Service Provider for the approved cost.
• After the Marlborough District Council has been invoiced by the Service Provider we will advise you of the final services amount, the annual energy efficiency rate and the total rate payment to Council for the nine year period.
• Marlborough District Council will add your energy efficiency rating information to your property’s Land Information Memorandum (LIM) and also to your rating records
For more information check out our Frequently Asked Questions